Monday, December 19, 2011

Two Humerous High School Plays


On Thursday November 17, Frank and I went to see our Granddaughter Sierra in her high school play.  I didn't have my glasses, so I didn't get a chance to read the Director's Notes.  Frank and I both had a hard time hearing and understanding the actor who played the Governor, so for a while, I really didn't understand what was going on.  It was a long play, and by the time the intermission came Frank's back was hurting so I sent him home.

When the second act started, I finally understood what the play was about and to me got better.  It was really funny, and made the audience laugh all through the play. My granddaughter did a wonderful job with her part in the play. We are proud of you Sierra.

Sierra was hurt the very first night of the play.  There was a drunk scene where a drunk was supposed to hand her his glass and then trip.  He ended up tripping as he handed the glass to Sierra and ended up falling on her and twisting her arm at such a bad angle that it tore the ligaments in her arm.  What a trouper Sierra was as she continued on in the play, and was in tears back stage in between her acting parts.  They iced it down, and then she would go out and do her part.  She had to go on and perform three more nights in pain.  She is still healing and can just barely use her arm.

On November 19th we headed over to St. George to see my cousin Josh in his play.  The play was in a small theatre, and we sat on the front row.  Frank had to move his feet in as he felt like the players were going to trip over his feet.  That is how close we were to the actors.  It was great as we could hear everything and also see the expressions on the actor's faces.  It was so funny and we all could relate to the different characters.  Josh's Mom pointed out how much Josh reminded her of her Father, Uncle Gene.  I pointed out a drunk lady and said "that is my sister." 

It was Josh's birthday so we all met afterwards at my cousin's Penny's home for a taco dinner and birthday cake.  Penny lives closer to Tuachan and Josh had a short break before he did the evening performance. It was so much fun to be with family and especially to see John and his wife Rosie who live up in the Provo, UT area.  I don't get to see them very often.  Josh did a fantastic job with his part in the play and our favorite character was Grandpa.  It was hard to believe that a young man was playing the part as he really looked old, walked bent over and had the voice of an old man.  All in all it was a wonderful day full of laughter, something we all need in this day and age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.