Monday, December 19, 2011

Michael Jackson Tour





 Last Saturday, my daughter Sherry took Frank and I to Michael JacksonThe Immortal World Tour By Cirque Du Soleil at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.  This was her Christmas present to us and Renee.  We had dinner before the show and then headed to Mandalay Bay.  We had to drive around and around for what seemed like a long time before we could get a parking spot. Finally we followed some people who were leaving and got their parking spot.  The show was sold out and I haven't seen that many people in one spot in my life.

The show was really good, but loud.  I had to cover my ears more than once as it was hurting them.  I told everyone that next time I go to something like this, I will take my ear plugs.  I really don't know why they have the sound so loud?  I could feel the beat of the drums in my chest and felt like my heart was about to burst.  Maybe this is a rush for the younger people.  I will say that we did enjoy it, and there were a few times I had tears come to my eyes.  They had a big screen and showed pictures of Michael from the time he was young to his older years. 

When it was over we waited for people to clear out of the Event Center and then we headed out.  I couldn't believe how crowded it was. It was like being on the freeway during the five a clock rush.  It took quite some time to get back out to the parking lot.  We went to the 7:00 PM show and there was another show at 10PM so people were already coming in for that.  It was a relief to get outside and get some fresh air.  We spent the night with Sherry so we didn't have to make the late night drive home.

I think this brings me up to date.  So now it will be a Christmas posting.  I am having a family Christmas Eve gathering at my home and I am going to make a Taco dinner.  MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.