Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR




"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential." ~Ellen Goodman


"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions." ~Joey Adams

I still can't believe that another year has passed and tomorrow I will have to fill in several checks with the year 2011, until I get used to the new year.  As usual my husband and I are going to try and lose weight, I already have been exercising, walking on the ole "dreadmill."  Now if I can get the diet thing going, I will be doing good.

This evening we invited my son and his family to go to Mesquite and eat dinner at Los Lupies.  Merritt and Mirissa met us there.  Sierra went to a New Years party and then was going to the dance at our church.  It is still hard to believe how fast she is growing.  She has grown into a beautiful young lady. 

We enjoyed dinner, and conversation with each other.  Then off to Walmart to do a little shopping.  We can't go to Mesquite without stopping at Walmart.  I was out of Mouse and my hair hasn't been looking too good. Guess, what we bought?  Rocky Road Ice cream.  Our last big bing of the year.  I was given some hot fudge topping for Christmas and I want to try it out.  Good excuse!
 
Well, that is how we usually spend New Years, going out to dinner, and then coming home before all the drunks hit the road.  I will be going to bed before the new year comes in.  So I will watch New York's celebration.  Whoops! it is going on right now.  So Happy New Year to my friends and family, and good night.

1 comment:

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.