Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Party 2010

I cooked a Christmas Eve dinner and while I was cooking we sang Christmas carols.  A couple of months ago, I bought two sets of Christmas sing along disks.  So I played one of them and handed out the song books that came with them.  Bret, Laura, Sierra, Sherry and I were singing our hearts out as I finished cooking dinner.
Frank came in later and joined in the fun.
I cooked a pork loin, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and Sherry helped me put together a salad bar.  We had just started to eat when Merritt showed up and headed to the kitchen to get his plate full of food.  Then Jason, Renee and Rozlynn came later from the Ramos Christmas party.  They were too full to eat anything, but Renee made her a big salad.      
Rozlynn became the center of attention.  She is walking and looks so tiny.  Renee changed her from her pretty red Christmas dress and put on this cute fleece outfit. 


Of course I had to pick her up and play with her.  I was trying to get her to do her oval mouth Ohhhh thing that she does.  Guess Grandma was the only one doing it.



Oh! Oh! I am doing the Luker nose pose

Mommy had put a pretty bow in her hair and she looked like a little Christmas doll.  After dinner we were all stuffed and sat around and visited.  Well, they visited and Frank & I cleaned up the dinner mess.  Then we gathered around in the family room and decided on how to play the White Elephant game, everyone had different ways of doing it.  We finally decided on how to play it and had a lot of fun opening presents that soon were taken by someone else.  Then I gave out the few gifts that I had for everyone and had them open them.  We were just supposed to have the White elephant gift exchange, but I had to buy a few small gifts for the family.  I had recorded one of those cute books that you get from Hallmark for Rozlynn and it wasn't working at first.  I was bummed, then Jason got it to work.  We had a lot of fun, eating, visiting and laughing.    
I didn't take many pictures as I was busy cooking, and then cleaning up afterwards, but Sierra took some really nice ones with her camera and I think I can use her memory card and download the pictures to my computer.  So I will try and do another posting with her pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.