Friday, December 24, 2010

Boys will be Boys

 Last week my phone rang and it was my neighbor. She had been over and had rang my door bell and no answer.  I guess I was in the back room and didn't hear it ring.  She said she would be right over.  When I opened the door her young son was with her and I could tell that something was wrong.  She asked me if I had seen any little boys peering over my fence.  I looked back at her and was puzzled at the comment, and replied no.  Any way she told Cody to tell me what they had been doing and Cody busted out in tears and was sobbing.  I couldn't understand him because he was crying so hard.  So I had to ask his Mom to explain what Cody was saying.  I guess he and his friends noticed that there were a lot of birds flying into my yard, so they decided to get their BB guns and try and shoot birds.  Cody didn't have a BB gun, but was with them so he was a part of the gang.

I was crying with him.  I felt so bad for him.  I told him and his Mom that "Boys will be Boys."  I went on to tell them that my sons  had gotten into trouble a long time ago shooting their guns at a neighbor's old car.  I gave Cody a hug and told him I was sorry.  Maybe I should have said something different and after thinking about it, I should have told him that if the boys were shooting in to my back yard.  They were shooting towards our fifth wheel travel trailer, and our home, and they were lucky that they didn't shoot a window out or damage our trailer.  But tender hearted me, was sympathetic and hugged Cody and said "I am sorry."  Then I thanked him for telling me what he had done.  He was the only boy who came an apologized and he didn't even have a BB gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.