Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wedding in St. George,UT











Top Gina's Mother Lisa and step father Chris. Second picture, Gina's Uncle John and Afton Kate, who is named after my Aunt Kay who was my mother's sister. Third picture,Gina's Grandmother Penny, my cousin, and bottom the happy couple Gina and Gavin.
We went to St. George, UT on December 18th to attend Gina's wedding and it was great seeing family on my Mother's side that I haven't seen in a while. There was a dinner the night before the wedding and they had a slide show of Gina and Gaven from the time they were little to when they met and dated. The food was great and it was fun visiting everyone and to see the happy couple. Frank & I spent two nights in St. George at the same hotel where we spent our Honeymoon almost 32 years ago. The hotel was really nice and we enjoyed getting away from the Christmas rush even though I was pretty much ready for Christmas.
On the 19th we were fortunate enough to go to Gena's sealing wedding ceremony in the St. George Temple and it was beautiful. Gina's face had to hurt from smiling so much. I love the St. George Temple as it was built by pioneers who didn't have the modern day tools. That evening we drove around St. George to see the Christmas lights and the best was last the temple grounds all a glow and then to view the statue of Jesus through the visitor center window, and to see the Nativity scene. All in all it was a nice get a way even though Frank was hurting most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.