Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blog Slacker - Thoughs Running Through My Mind

I haven't been keeping up with my blog as I have been trying my hand with facebook. I wasn't going to get involved with it as I feel that keeping up my blog keeps me busy. I joined it mostly to see what our grandson is up to. I really need to get back to doing genealogy, maybe after Christmas.

My sister in law e-mailed me with some bad news a couple of days ago. She had been in remission with stage four lung cancer for several months and then she noticed a swollen lymph gland and had it checked out. Sure enough the cancer is active again. I was hoping that she would be in remission a lot longer and that maybe even a miracle had happened. She has started treatments again, and had a bad reaction. It sure makes me think of just how fragile our lives our. We never know from day to day what is in store for us.

Life isn't what I thought it would be. For instance I thought when I married my first husband we would grow old together but at age 28 he was killed in a bank robbery along with his two women tellers. I was only 26 left with three very small children.

I always wanted a family that was close, and that was due to living with a very dysfunctional family. Mom and Dad were alcoholics and my Dad was a very abusive person both physically and mentally to his family especially to my Mother. We were always glad to see him go to work as he would be gone for a few days at a time. He was an Engineer on the Union Pacific Railroad. As soon as he came in the door, I would head for my room and try to stay as far away as possible from him.

I thought when I got married that I would have a happy close family and I remember daydreaming about being married and most of all being happy. I think that when we are young we all have a story book image of how our lives will be. My life took so many twist and turns and it was never what I thought it would be. However I am happily married to the love of my life and he does make me very happy, but getting to this point wasn't easy. Well, I can feel my mind starting to feel fuzzy, it's time to take my medicine. There is so much more on my mind lately, but to lengthy to go into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.