Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas at the Merritts





































We had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve with the family. Renee, and Jason, brought baby Rozlynn and Grandma Sherry out to Logandale to Granny Merritt's home. Bret and his family came too. I made a big salad bar with a pork chop dinner, mashed potatoes with country gravy, southern green beans, corn, and later pumpkin pie made by Laura. We were all stuffed when dinner was over. We watched the birth of Jesus video and then I made everyone sing with an old tape I made many years ago. We sang through the whole book from Jingle Bells to Frosty the Snowman. I am thinking that I will have to figure out a new sing along tape for next year as the old tape is worn out. So I guess I had better start looking. I made the Christmas tape years ago when we used to go on a Christmas caroling hay ride with family and friends. We did that for years, and afterwards we would meet at a friends home and have pot luck dinner. That was the good old days and we sure have fond memories of those times on the hay wagon. Frank would get bales of hay to sit on and decorate it with Christmas lights. We would always stop by the local bar and sing to the people inside who would come outside and sing along with us. I always wondered how many of them were in the bar drowning their miseries in booze and maybe we brightened their day a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.