Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decorating the Yard & House

Frank started the outside decorations a few days before Thanksgiving. He started with the Nativity Scene and putting the lights up on the house. We love to decorate our yard and this year we added some new things, a waving Santa sitting in a chair, new rain deer, a cute bright red fire truck with a Dalmatian Dog as the driver, candy canes decorating the sidewalk, lights in the trees and all over the yard. Every one thinks we are in competition with our neighbors across the street as they go all out. We could never compete with them as they have a thousand lights in just one tree compared to our three hundred. It looks like Santa's Land on this end of the street.

Cars are starting to drive by to see the decorations, and it is fun to see the smiles on the kids faces as they see the fun things on the lawn, especially Santa waving at them, and the adults love the Nativity Scene as it us unique. I don't know how many more years it will last as the wind and storing it in the garage through the hot summers has taken a toll on the different pieces. I will take a picture and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.