Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blog Slacker

I have been a blog slacker but we have been on the dead go for the past few weeks. We have been to St. George twice to have our car and truck serviced and in to Vegas twice. We are trying to catch up on things that we have let go due to being stuck at home this past year with Frank's surgeries and recovery time.

We went to Vegas last Thursday and stayed with my daughter Sherry so I could go to my doctor for the results of blood work that had been done a few weeks ago. Darn, I still had high cholesterol so now I am on Lipitor. I hate taking drugs, but sometimes I guess you just have to if you want to live longer. So the doctor tells me. My BP was high also, 140/90 but I have white coat syndrome and then the nurse who takes it does it so fast that I can't see how it can be correct, as Dr. Bret says that is not the correct way to take BP. So I will have to have him monitor me for a while. I have taken BP meds before and they make me crazy with exhaustion, and I feel like I am walking on the moon.

We went to Bellagio and met Sherry for dinner as a friend had given her some comps for the coffee shop. Wow! dinner was over $200 which we would never spend if it were out of our pocket. The food is fabulous there and really fancy. Frank really doesn't care for it, but found that he likes crab cakes, and their fruit plate. Then of course, we have to have desert even though we are stuffed from dinner.

We were able to wander through the Fall Exhibit and it was so fascinating to see a tree talk, and a huge mill with a water wheel. We were wondering how they put the displays all together, and where they store them? My favorite was the mill with the water wheel. It was life size, and yes wouldn't you know I didn't have my camera. One of my fellow bloggers has pictures of it on her blog, and she did a good job of capturing the different areas.

Well, that was one of the reasons that I didn't want to post anything as I have been forgetting to take my camera with me and last night I didn't even think to capture a special evening with my son and his family. They came over and spent most of the afternoon and evening with us. We had dinner on my patio and the weather was perfect as it cooled down once the sun set. It was so nice to see Bret looking and feeling better. He is back to work and YES! I finally got a treatment and felt so much better afterwards. He went back last week, to test his strength and we were surprised to see him working full days. His patients are so happy to have him back.

Frank & I went on a shopping spree in Vegas last Thursday and Friday. We bought him a recumbent bike and me a treadmill. Now I will have to get my scrap booking done so I can make room for the exercise equipment. My friend Paula, told me that an exercise bike is the best thing for knee replacement therapy, and my doctor got on me about not exercising. I loved my old treadmill until it started hurting my hips and back. It was an old one and I put a lot of miles on it. I am hoping this new one will let me stand straight and it is more cushioned than my old one. We will see. In the mean time I guess I will have to start walking around our sub-division until I get the room ready to set up my treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.