Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dr. Staley back at Work










Frank & I went to Bret Thursday for a treatment. He looked so good, in fact the best he has looked since his surgery. It is so good to see him back at work, and it felt so good to get my back worked on. Frank can only have his neck adjusted. He is working so hard on his genealogy and sitting at his computer off and on all day makes his neck hurt. We did finally get him some computer glasses and that has definitely helped with the neck pain. He is still dealing with back pain from the surgery, but it is slowly getting better. He is walking every day and using his exercise bike. It is neat as he can play games on the bike, but only when he is peddling.

Today I finally got back to my scrap booking and made three pages. It is so time consuming and I want it to go faster. I am so slow at it. I want to get it done so I can clean up my mess and get our exercise equipment set up in the room. I need to get back on the treadmill, doctor's orders. I wish the room was much larger so it could be a multi task room, as it is nice to keep my scrap booking stuff all set up too.

We had to feed Sherry's horses today, and I can't believe how big Bella is now. She is Sherry's baby and she sure is a beautiful horse. Her color is changing from a dark brown to a grey. We were hoping that she would stay dark brown. Sherry is able to ride her now and Bella does really well. She is a pure bred Arabian from one of Wayne Newton's lines. I took my camera and forgot to take a picture of her. We have to feed tomorrow and then maybe I will remember to take a picture of her.

I have been going through all my family pictures, mostly those of Sherry, (the scrap book is for her) It sure brings back memories of days gone by. When the kids were born, and all the years in between. I discovered I didn't have many of Garen. I must have put his in the memory book I made for him years ago. It makes me feel so sad that we live so close and yet are so far apart. He and his family have nothing to do with us, and I have lost contact with my five grand kids. I don't think there is a day go by that I don't think about them and it breaks my heart. Wish things could be different. I have two great grandsons that I have never seen, except in pictures, and another one is on the way. Life can be so cruel and heart breaking at times.

Because of Larry's death (first husband) my kids and I were really close in their younger years, and I miss that closeness with Garen. My other two kids, Sherry and Bret are really close to me and I am so grateful that I have them. Especially for helping me get through the trails of this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.