Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Week Report - Frank's Diet

I am using this as a starting picture
Frank started the Medifast diet a week ago.  On Monday he weighed and had lost 7 lbs.  I am so proud of him to be able to stick to the diet as it is kind of a hard diet to be on.  He has been hungry for some of his favorite foods, and we have a good laugh over him looking at what I am eating and  making a crying sound of wanting some.  His sense of humor has been great.  His goal is to stay on the diet for two months and meet his goal weight.  "Nothing taste as good as being skinny" a quote from Jamie's sister.

Frank has lost a total of 21 lbs. as he had started to watch what he was eating before he started Medifast.  He is wearing pants that he hasn't worn for a long time, and also shirts.  Keep up the good work Babe, I am so proud of you.

On another note today we went to Mike Rowland's funeral, so sad.  I was surprised to find out he is the same age as me.  I thought he was younger.  It was nice and there was a good showing of people for such a short notice and being on a work day.  Frank got to see several of his old buddies from Nevada Power, and I got to give Melissa a hug before we left the chapel.  We could have stayed and ate lunch, but with Frank dieting, he needed to get home and have his shake. My heart aches for Melissa, for I know it will take some time for her to grieve.  So hard to lose a loved one especially a husband.

We have been staying home as much as we can, as I feel that it makes it easier for Frank to eat what he is supposed to.  Tomorrow we will be going to Mesquite for his pain management appointment so we will see how that goes.  We want to stop by and see Robyn and Braxton as she lives across the street from the doctor's office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.