Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cancer Strikes Again

I have been following a good friends facebook remarks as her husband was battling lung cancer.  It was just a few months ago that he found out he had lung cancer. He was operated on and they took out the cancerous tumor.  Then he started the Chemo treatments which made him very sick, he lost all of his hair, eyebrows, etc.  Melissa started putting daily reports of his progress on facebook.  For some reason the doctors decided to lengthen his chemo to twelve treatments and it seems to me he just got steadily worse with the side effects.  I am not sure why they extended the treatments.  Melissa had quite a following of her facebook remarks and had a lot of prayers and support.  Mike ended up with pneumonia in both lungs, and then ended up in the Critical Care Unit.   Here are the last two facebook reports.

JANUARY 19, 2012
MIKE UPDATE: I got home at 6 this morning thinking I could sleep, nope. Mike has taken a very hard turn for the worse. He is septic with infection in his lungs and blood. We all agreed to put him on the ventilator to make him more comfortable; no other heroic measure will be made, his wishes. We are holding to a little ray of hope but he is very, very ill and so far the antibiotics have not worked. We pray now for God to do his will and for peace and love for all.


JANUARY 20, 2012
The love of my life lost his battle with cancer at 4:04pm today. He gave it a valiant fight and passed peacefully. We don't always understand Gods plan but need to hold close to our heart that he loves his children and does what is right for them. Mike was an awesome man who never turned his back on anyone which made him loved by everyone he touched. We have all been blessed to have had him in our lives and he will live on in joyful memories. Good night honey, we will be together again ♥


This is so sad, and my heart aches for Melissa.  I have had Mike on my mind all day today remembering the times we chatted at various places around town, and at the Mesquite bowling alley.  Frank worked with Mike and he always called Frank blue eyes.  Well Mike had beautiful blue eyes too.  We will miss you, but I know you are out of pain and suffering.
 
The other day I was saddened again to see another young friend had passed away from complications of cancer.  He had a rare cancer that was in his heart.  I knew him as a young boy on up.  He was a very special man and also will be missed by many.
 
 
Such a sad few days.  Lost some very good friends.  CANCER SUCKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.