Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Past few weeks

A couple of weeks ago Frank had a Doctor's appointment in Vegas so we went in the day before so I could have a pedicure and manicure.  Frank dropped me off at the nail shop and he ran some errands.  Later we met Renee and Rozlynn at Red Lobster for dinner.  After Rozlynn's tummy was full, she didn't want to sit still any longer so we let her run around the corner seat we were in.  She explored everything on the table.  We went back to Sherry's condo and piled on Sherry's bed leaving Frank in the living room to watch TV.  We played with Rozlynn and talked until almost 10:30 PM.  Renee went home and I got ready for bed as I was exhausted.  The next morning was Frank's Rhematologist appointment, and it went well.  The doctor instructed Frank on how to lower the dosage of his cortisone pills.  Frank is gradually coming off from the pills.  The doctor said he didn't want him to come off from them too fast as he doesn't want Frank's pain to get out of control again.


Lunch with the Girls
Last Monday my grand daughters and Sherry got together for lunch at The Scoop.  Of course my great grandson and great grand daughter were there too.  Frank and I had lunch before the girls came because they were running late as usual.  So Frank got to see everyone for a little while and then he went home.  We all met at Sherry's place and visited until 6 PM.  I had so much fun playing with the babies.  Jamie came a little later to the Scoop and got her a salad to go.  Renee and Jamie went to Lin's to do some grocery shopping so Sherry and I took Rozlynn and headed to Sherry's.  Robyn went to a friends home to drop off some baby things.  So Sherry and I played with Rozlynn and visited until the girls showed up later.

Jamie took me home and I had a nice surprise when I got home.  Frank was cooking fried okra, and hamburger patties.  He sliced up some tomatoes to go along with it, and it was delicious.  What a treat for me as Frank doesn't cook very often.  He tells me he isn't a cook.  Jamie and I had stopped by the store on our way home, and I had picked up some chicken and salads thinking that would be an easy and fast dinner for us.  We had that for lunch the next day.

The nurse from Dr. Gorman's office called during the week and said everything was normal in my blood work.  I realized later that she didn't give me my A1C results, so Bret suggested that I have them fax my results to his office.  When I went into Bret's for a treatment he told me that by Europe's standards I did have a thyroid problem, but the US had moved up to a higher number in the blood test. So that explains some of my fatigue.  Bret and I talked about Lipitor for my cholesterol, and all of the bad side effects from this medication.  I decided to quit taking it, and I swear I felt better the next day, and the best part is that the dizziness went away.   To my surprise my A1C test hadn't been done, so now I have to call the doctor's office and see if this was a mistake .   I think it was as I had made the appointment for a Diabetic check.  The nurse seemed to be in outer space that day, as she put my weight at over 200 lbs and the doctor had to weigh me again. She is the one who does the blood work. I am thinking either the doctor didn't have it marked or she spaced it. Thanks heavens I didn't weigh 200 lbs. even though I still weigh too much. Oh, and when Frank went in to the doctor to get his finger stitched up, the nurse told him she was waiting for me to come in for my blood work. I had a bruised arm proving I had the blood work done. Go figure, so I am thinking she spaced the A1C test so I will have to go in and get stuck again, and I am a hard stick.

I was reading in one of my Diabetic magazines that fatigue goes along with Diabetes and is a common complaint.  So I guess I have to resolve myself to the fact that I will always have fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.