Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Laura's Birthday Dinner

Samurai 21


Grill



Yesterday when Frank & I dropped by to give Laura her birthday card, Bret invited us to go to dinner with them to celebrate Laura's birthday.  Laura wanted to try a new Japanese restaurant in Mesquite as she had heard it was really good.  I said I would love to but Frank declined due to the pain he was still having with his injured finger.  I decided to go without Frank, and I am so glad as it was so much fun watching the chief cook right in front of us and the show he put on.  I had steak and shrimp, fired rice, and a stir fried vegetable.  It was delicious and I had left overs today for lunch and it still tasted great, in fact I could have eaten more. 

Poor Frank stayed home and ate hot dogs.  At the very end of the cooking, the chief threw shrimp at each of us with our mouths open trying to catch it.  Mine whipped right past me and hit the floor.  The waitress brought out a piece of cheesecake with a candle in it for Laura, and it looked delicious. I couldn't have eaten another bite. All in all it was fun to get out of the house, and it was a fun night of conversation and good eating.  Thanks Bret and Laura for letting me celebrate with you. Of course my camera was in my purse and I forgot to take pictures.  So the picture of Laura is from our Christmas party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.