Friday, March 4, 2011

Nerve Stimulator for Frank

We stayed in Vegas last Monday night with Sherry so Frank could have the out patient surgery to put the nerve stimulator in his back on Tuesday morning.  He was the first patient and we thought that he wouldn't have to wait too long for the procedure.  They took him back right on time, but then he told me he had to wait in a room for almost an hour before they came to get him for the surgery.  He was getting so anxious and upset about being in the patient room so long that he about got up and left.  Just as that thought was crossing his mind the nurse came and got him.

I was in the waiting room watching the time and reading a book.  Finally the nurse called me on my cell to tell me that Frank would be ready to leave in about 15 minutes.  I guess she thought I had gone home, I told her that I was in the waiting room.  She said she would come out and get me when they were ready for me to come back to the surgery area.  Finally, the nurse came and got me and took me to Frank.

There was a representative from the nerve stimulator company and they wanted me there while he was explaining everything about how to operate it.  Frank acted like it was working for him as he was laying there in the bed, and I was thinking how great it would be for him.

Well, once we got in the car he complained of the lump that was on his back and when we got home he had me look at his back to see if I could figure out what it was.  Well, as it turned out it was the surgical area and I think where the stimulator was.  It was pressing right on the area where Frank has a lot of his back pain.  We were both so disappointed in this outcome of more pain for him.

He could hardly wait to get back into Vegas Thursday to have it taken out.  They just had to pull out the two wires that they had fed up his spine.  He acted so much better after we left the office and he was free of the device.  The PA told Frank that the nerve stimulator really didn't work well on low back pain.  So I am thinking why didn't they tell us before he went through the surgery.  So now our next endeavor is for Frank to go on a diet and try to lose weight as we know that will help his back and legs.  We are going to try the Medifast for him, and I will try to diet on my own.  I am thinking about "The Clean Diet." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.