Thursday, August 26, 2010

New G. Grandson

<>
Braxton Thomas Hardy
G. Grandma and Braxton

Braxton Thomas  and G.Grandma Merritt

Braxton Thomas Hardy was born on August 19, at 9.59 AM and weighed 7 lbs 15 oz.  We were sitting on pins and needles for a couple of days waiting for the event to take place and I was so happy when I received the phone call that Braxton was born.  His grandma told me that he came out with a good set of lungs as I could hear him in the background as she was talking to me on the phone. 

We were able to go over to Mesquite and see him yesterday and I was thrilled to hold him.  He seemed so small after being around Rozlynn.  Robyn, his Mom is doing really well. Braxton is so precious and can you call a boy beautiful?  Robyn didn't have to have any stitches, and was up and about her room not too long after he was born, and the next day she went home with her gift from God.  It is so different from way back when I had my babies.

Which takes me back 49 years ago today at 8 PM I had my first baby a daughter. She weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. It was so different then as they didn't give you anything but a whiff of gas with each pain.  I was in the hospital for almost a week, but I did have some complications and had to stay a little longer than usual.  Wow, 49 years ago, no wonder I am the one feeling ancient on this day and not my daughter. It doesn't seem to bother her that she is 49, but we will see when the shock of 50 hits next year.  She is beautiful and really doesn't show her age, she looks much younger.  So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!! I love you bunches and bunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.