Saturday, July 17, 2010

Catching Up - Blog Slacker

I have been a blog slacker the past few weeks.  There really hasn't been too much going on around our place.  I was sick for almost two weeks, and I really don't know what was wrong.  I think maybe my sleep apnea appliances caused some irritation in my jaw and maybe there was some inflammation going on.  Dr. Halls my dentist that works with me showed me how to use my hands by rubbing in a downward direction from my ears towards my jaws and told me this was to drain my lymphatic system.  So this makes me think that there had to be some inflammation going on.  I even felt feverish at times.  I didn't get to go to my grand daughter's baby shower and that was a big disappointment for me.  Also I had to have my diabetic eye exam and that involves the eye doctor dilating my eyes more than normal so he can take a really good look deep in the eye.  That seemed to add to what ever what was going on in my body, and made me feel worse.  I have finally started feeling better. I took a real age test on and it scared me as it says my real age is 78.2 and I am 69.  I think it would be a little younger if I had filled out the supplement part but I was too lazy to go and get the bottles and fill out the milligrams of each one I was taking. 

While I was feeling so rotten I was thinking to myself what can I do to make me feel better, and I thought that I needed to get back on the "dreadmill" as I call it and try to eat better, and start taking vitamins.  We always had a TV with a video player and watched videos as we exercised.  I gave it away to my grand daughter for her kids to have in their room.  I had also sold my old treadmill as it was hurting my hips to walk on it.  I got a new one for Christmas and when I used it I was bored without a TV to watch.  So  last week we bought a small flat screen TV that we put on the wall, and now Frank and I both are using the dreadmill. The time goes by so much faster when you are being entertained by watching a movie.  We both are doing a mile.  Frank is going slow as he doesn't want to make his back hurt. 

I joined facebook and have been spending time on there keeping in touch with family and friends.  It is so neat as now I am closer to cousins in St. George, UT and  family up in the Salt Lake area. We are up to date on what is going on in our lives.  I have made contact with some family that I had lost track of.  I don't play the games much to the disappointment of some of my facebook friends as I think it is a waste of time for me as I should be doing genealogy instead of playing games.  Frank teases me when he comes into the computer room and he says "How's everybody on facebook?"

I still haven't finished my daughter's scrapbook project, but that has been due to mostly just not feeling well and not having the energy to do it. I am thinking that I may set my scrapbooking stuff up in our fifth wheel trailer in the fall when it is cooler and work on it in the trailer where I can just leave it and not worry about the mess.

Speaking of coolness, it is anything but cool here now.  It has been as high as 117 in our valley and is now 110.  We went into Vegas last Thursday to spend the night with Sherry so Frank could go to Dr. Duke with his CT Scan so Dr. Duke could see if Frank is healing and fusing like he should be. It was so dang hot that we didn't go to the mall like we planned, we had lunch and went back to Sherry's condo.  It was 115 that day.

The next day, Friday was Frank's appointment and when we arrived there were only two people in the waiting room.  I was thinking Yea! we won't be here for two hours or more.  Then when Frank got up to the window, the receptionist asked, "Do you have an appointment?"  I was thinking OH! OH! something is not right, and sure enough, Dr. Duke was out of the office and someone was supposed to have called us and canceled and rescheduled for the end of the month.  Frank told the girl that we had to make a 160 mile round trip.  The receptionist took it in her stride and made him another appointment.  All I could think was, why do we have so many problems with Doctor's staff making appointments, etc.  One of the problems is that they don't dial long distance when they call us.  I will have to call my Dentist Monday to make an appointment that they were supposed to call me and schedule. We just have to keep on top of our own appointments, etc. or we get lost in the cracks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.