Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Fun Day with Family



Last Monday the girls all met at Robyn's home in Mesquite for another fun day of talking, laughing, and having lunch at the golf club across the street from Robyn's home.  Renee got there first with a big pan of home made caramel corn.  It looked like a baby had taken over the house.  The first thing we noticed was a highchair all set up, a play pen-bed, and a diaper bag.  It seems you have to take the whole house with you when you have a baby. 

We were all in awe of Robyn and Eric's home.  It is a custom home, and it looks like a model home, so neat and clean.  It is all done in gray and black.  We were all surprised to learn that the floor is concrete and made to look like a tile floor.  It even has grout lines.  The bedrooms were all big and the guest bathroom has a huge walk in shower.  It is a 3,000 sq. ft. home and all I can say is amazing.  The master bathroom is as big as a bedroom.  Then off from the master bathroom is a huge walk in closet.  I have never seen anything so organized, everything was in it's place. 

After Robyn gave us a tour of her home, we visited for a while and then decided we were hungry and we went across the street to the golf club and had lunch.  We were pulling out of the gated community where Robyn lives, and there was Jamie pulling into the golf club to meet us.  It was perfect timing.  The funny thing is that Jamie didn't see us and we were right behind her.  It was so hot so we all decided to have salads and they were yummy.  It must have been 110 degrees that day, and we felt like we were walking into an oven.   We had fun watching Rozlynn eat as she was really chowing down on the baby food Renee was feeding her.  We sat and visited in the restaurant for quite a while, and then we decided to head back over to Robyn's for more visiting and of course eating the caramel corn.  Jamie had us all laughing at her stories of her kids and the things they do. Jamie is such a character she had us laughing so hard we were all in tears.

Eric came home from work and we were able to visit with him for a while.  We took pictures of Robyn's preggy belly and then decided it was getting late and so we all said our good bys and headed home.  All in all it was a very fun day with the girls.  I came home and suddenly my house felt cluttered so what did I do for a couple of days.  I cleaned, got rid of some clutter and was thinking that I wanted to get rid of a lot more. I am known for keeping  a clean home, but after visiting Robyn's home, I felt like a clutter bug, and for some reason my house felt dirty.  Well, at least it motivated me to get some cleaning done. I am hoping by next Fall Frank's back will be healed enough that he can help me put together a yard sale and get rid of a lot of stuff we don't use or want any more and be able to make some money for our next summer trip to OR.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.