Friday, April 2, 2010

Don't Drink the Water









On March 25, we went to a high school play, Don't Drink the Water by: Woody Allen put on by the MVHS Theater Department. The play took place on an amazing two story set depicting the inner workings of the U.S. Embassy behind the Iron Curtain. The Construction Tech class built the set and when I first saw it as I walked into the Auditorium all I could say was "Wow! somebody did a fabulous job on that set. The play took place in the 60's and there was a flash show before the play started of Woodstock, President Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Sonny & Cher, and Marilyn Monroe and of course Vietnam. It brought back many memories for those of us that lived during that time.

The kids did a wonderful job in their parts, and it was unbelievable that in the last minutes of rehearsal one of the girls that had a main part got sick and there was a scramble of changing players around causing them to relearn a new part. You would have never known it as all went well without a hitch and was enjoyed by the audience. I personally think this play was better than the first one.

My granddaughter Sierra was one of the Sultan of Bashir's wives. They ended up in a drunken state and were all hauled off the stage one at a time on a dolly. Wish I could have taken a picture of this event. Sierra had to do a lot of sneezing during her part. There must have been something she was allergic to. There was even a gun shot during the play that startled the audience. All in all it was well worth seeing and was a fun night out for all. Good job Drama Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.