Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sleep Study


Haley our Sleep Study Tech


Me All Wired UP





Getting Ready to leave for our Sleep Over Party with Haley


On April 14, Frank & I had a sleep study done. We had to go to Mesquite in our PJ's. I called it a sleep over with wires. When we got there the sleep tech, Haley started to wire me up first. No wonder they wanted us there a couple of hours before our usual bed time. I was brave and let Haley take a picture of me after all the wires were in place. Then she started on Frank. He had already been there a couple of days before so he was getting hooked up with a CPAC as he has sleep apena. I don't know how they expect you to sleep with all those wires, but somehow I managed maybe 3 to 4 hours. Haley had a speaker that she could talk to us from her desk and we could talk to her. She had us go through some kind of procedure of lifting our legs one at time, then moving our eyes in different directions. Then it was time to go to sleep. We were in separate rooms. As for me It took forever to get to sleep. About 4:00 A.M. Frank called to Haley and told her he was in pain with his back and wanted to get up. The test requires a good four hours and that is all they need to determine if you have a problem. I was relieved when Haley asked me if I was awake and ready to get un-hooked from all the wires and go home. I told her I was. So after being unhooked from all of the wires, Frank & I headed home at around 4:30 AM. We got home and crawled into our comfy bed and tried to sleep a few more hours. Needless to say, I was a zombie for a couple of days.

The outcome of the sleep study was Frank has moderate and I have mild apena. So Frank got his CPAC Tuesday and I will be fitted with a mouth thing that fits on your teeth both top and bottom to hold the air way passage open. I have been so fatigued for a long time and thought it was Frank's snoring but maybe it is a combination of both his snoring and my mild apena. So now I will be going for a visit with a dentist to be fitted with the mouth thing. I don't know what they call it. I hope it works. I go next Wednesday evening to St. George to have it done. It will take three weeks for them make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.