Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Addison wins photo contest at Lins


My granddaughter Kristen called me on Saturday the 30th to tell me that Addison had won a photo contest at Lin's our local family store. Addison had told her Mother to be sure and call Grandma & Grandpa Merritt to come and see the event. We were tickled to think that Addie would think of us and want us to be there. The top photo is of Addie with her sister Anna and Mom Kristen to the side. Bottom Addie with Mom being presented with her poster and a $100 gift certificate. I don't know what Addie will buy at a grocery store, but I hope she finds something fun, and not too many goodies. LOL

Frank is still having a lot of pain with his back but he went with me and ended up having to sit inside on a chair and didn't get to see the presentation. The picture Addie took will hang on Lin's wall. I was amazed at how beautiful the picture was and was told Addie had taken it from their yard. It was of the mesa and she took it at just the right time as the colors were beautiful and it was amazing a child so young could take such a beautiful photo. All the other contestants that won were adults. So congratulations to our future photographer. Keep up the good work. We are proud of you Addie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.