Sunday, March 11, 2012

Time Flies By

I have been thinking about a new post for a couple of weeks and haven't had the energy to do it.  My posts always seem to include Rozlynn.  I know, I am a proud Great Grandma and we love getting to see her as much as possible. She is growing so fast and so has her vocabulary.  A couple of weeks ago we went in to Vegas to Sherry's condo so we could see this cutie pie.  Renee had her all dressed up in poka dots.  She looked like a little doll.  It was funny as I tried to take her picture she would say cheese and then run over to me to look in the camera to see her picture. I couldn't take the picture fast enough, and finally I got the two above shots.

Last Sunday Renee brought Sherry to Overton so Sherry could visit and check on things and also to pick up Rozlynn from her Ramos grandparents. Renee brought Roz over to our place to visit.

Rozlynn and I played, and played until I was tired.  She never ran out of energy.  Oh! how I wish she could give me some of that energy.  She and Grandma Sherry drew pictures and we all had a good laugh seeing the finished pictures of a cat, horse, etc. Let me just say I don't think the word artist fits in our family. Roz could pick out the names of Papa, Grandma, and her name.  She is so smart. She calls Frank Papa and he loves it.

We have been busy bees this past week.  I had to go to Mesquite for a thyroid scan and another new cyst showed up.  This happens every time I have a scan.  Bret says that is normal for an old lady like me, to have a lot of cysts on the Thyroid.  I have to wonder if eventually they will affect my thyroid?  I am so exhausted all the time and the doctor checks my thyroid every time I have blood work.

The day we went to Mesquite for my scan, the wind was blowing so hard, I thought we would be blown off from the road.  After my scan, we went over to Robyn's to visit and I was disappointed that Braxton was asleep, so we didn't get to see him.  Hopefully when Frank goes over for his pain management appointment, we will be able to see him.  The office is right across the street from Robyn's home and we usually drop by to see her and Brax.

We did get to see Robyn, Eric, Brax, Shiloh, Lorri and Carl the day of the Robision Sandoval baseball fund raiser game.  Braxton loves his Grandma Lori, and hung out with her most of the time.  That is until Daddy had food, and then he wanted to go to Daddy to get some of the food.  He is so dang cute and is also growing up fast.  I have to be around Braxton for a while before he warms up to me.  He did give Frank and I a kiss when we left.

Yesterday the 10th, Frank and I had to get up early so we could head to Saint George to attend my best friend's granddaughter's wedding.  We had to set the alarm as we are in the habit of sleeping in especially Frank.  We had to be at the Temple at 10:30 A.M. We got there in plenty of time, but when we tried to find a parking space we found no empty places to park, and had to park a block away.  The shoes I wore weren't the best for walking.  The temple was full of newly wedded couples, no wonder there were no parking spaces.

We still had a good 45 minutes or longer before the ceremony.  It was a very special marriage sealing, and I am so glad we were able to attend.  We were exhausted after wards and hungry, so we stopped at a new restaurant and had lunch.  We headed for home and stopped at Walmart in Mesquite just long enough to return a bedspread that was way too small for our king bed.  Then we got home and we both took a nap.

I went to the dinner they had before the wedding and left Frank sleeping as I knew it would be too much for him to sit some more.  The dinner was really good and afterwards they had us move our chairs over for a ring ceremony.  What a fabulous idea as Summer was walked down the aisle with her grandfather at her side, the bridesmaids, etc following.  In other words like a traditional wedding ceremony. The Bishop, of my friend's ward, did the ceremony of the ring exchange.  This was great for those who couldn't go to the Temple ceremony.  I went home and picked up Frank for the reception.  It was a long day, and the bad part is that the clocks had to be changed to spring forward, and we had to set the alarm again to get up to go to church this morning.  We ended up coming home after our Genealogy class as we both were exhausted.

Frank has lost 40 lbs as of yesterday.  He looks and acts like a different man.  He can get up and down much easier, his blood sugar is running at a normal number, and best of all his blood pressure has come way down.  He can't wait to see his cardiologist in April to surprise him as Dr. Savon has been trying to get Frank to lose weight for a long time. He used to say to Frank "when are the twins due?"  Frank hated this remark and now Dr. Savron can't say it anymore.  Yea!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.