Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Wedding - Family

Yesterday we went to St. George for my cousin's wedding.  I had this gut feeling that I should verify the time with my Cousin Penny, and dummy me didn't listen to that gut feeling.  Big we ended up missing the wedding ceremony. 

When we walked in, I knew we had missed something as they were taking pictures and not too many people were there.  Penny came up to us and said "there you are, we were worried about you, you missed the wedding ceremony."  I was so disappointed, but at least we got to see family we don't get to see very often.

When we were trying to find the chapel where the wedding was held, I noticed my cousin John walking outside the chapel, so I knew it was the right place.  I noticed that he looked thinner from a distance, and was excited to see him there as I haven't seen him in quite some time.  He and Lorri K. came into the area where the wedding was being held, and Lorri invited us to go back to her home. John had been experiencing some blood pressure problems and needed to go and rest for a while.

When we walked into the wedding and sat down, my five year old cousin, Kambrie (I feel more like a grandma or Aunt to her) saw me and I saw her eyes light up and she came running over to give me a hug and visit with me.  It made me feel so good that she remembered me.  Doug, Penny's X, invited us to sit with them at their table so we did.  It is kind of funny because Frank, is one of Penny's X's so there were two X's and her husband all sitting and visiting together.  It is great that we all get along.  Doug said he should have made arrangements for them to play golf, as they all love golf.  Poor Frank can't golf at least for the time being.  He won't be able to golf ever again, unless he has some miracle happen with his back and PMR getting better. He wants to golf so badly, and really misses it.

We left and went over to Lorri's home so we could visit with John, and his wife Rose.  I was shocked to see John as he had really lost a lot of weight, which he really needed to do. He was wearing some kind of a heart monitor and to me looked pale and well just not very healthy.  He is only 58, but has smoked and lived in a smoked filled home all of his life.  He has tried to quit several times, but has been unsuccessful.  I told Frank that we may out live him.  He has been passing out from low blood pressure, and had a gash on his head from one of those passing out episodes.  He had fallen in his shop and hit a table.  So that is why the doctor is having him wear a heart monitor to see what is going on.

It was great to see and visit with Lorri K., John, and Rose.  Lorri made us a sandwich plate as she knew we had missed the wedding dinner.  She is such good hostess.  After visiting for a while, we decided to go back to the reception.  We got there just as the bride and groom were doing their first dance.  Then bubbles and sparklers were handed out and everyone went out side and lined up making an aisle for the newly wedded couple to walk down.  I was so surprised to see them walk down to a wheel barrow and Kenzey was put into it and the groom wheeled her down to their truck. It was so cute.  Everyone followed them and they drove off.  They took off just in time as it started to rain, and everyone was just enjoying the coolness of the night.  I told Frank "I sure hope this follows us home."  We left and kept our car windows down and just enjoyed the fresh rain smell, and the natural cool breeze. 

Unfortunately the coolness and rain didn't follow us home, but it did rain this morning around 1:30 A.M. as thunder, lightening, and rain woke me up.  I opened the door to see if it had cooled down any, and it was like opening a door to a sauna.  We slept in and was so tired, we decided to stay home from church. We went to Vegas last Thursday for a hair day with Renee, and we were able to see her new home, and we got to play with Rozlynn for a while.  We spent the night, and it was a miserable night as Frank was snoring and making all kinds of noises, and we both got too hot.  I went out on the couch for a while and Ozzie decided I was there to play with.  So needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night.  I all most didn't go to the wedding because I felt so exhausted, but I sure am glad I did.  I would have missed out on seeing family that I may not see again for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.