Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Family Visit - Grandson & My Brother

My Brother Allen had a job in Cedar City, UT last Thursday and he called me to see if we could meet him for dinner.  We decided on Red Lobster in St. George so he wouldn't have to travel so far as he had to go back to Salt Lake the same day. 
Lorri my cousin who lives in St. George met us at Red Lobster and had dinner with us.  It was a nice surprise for us all as I hadn't seen Lorri in a long time, and as far as that goes I hadn't seen Allen since the family reunion in Salt Lake.  We had a nice visit while eating dinner, and then we visited for another hour or so outside.  Allen wants to come down over the Memorial holiday weekend, and I have invited Lorri, her sister Penny and her husband, and Bret's family for dinner on the 27th.  Sherry won't be able to make it and is so disappointed, but she can't get off work on a holiday weekend.

Then on the following Friday evening, we met our Grandson Tony and his Dad Shane at Casa Blanca for dinner.  Tony just graduated from Idaho State and is going to work with his Dad for a while.

Newly College Graduate

Tony was able to visit his mom in Vegas for a couple of days.  Since he and his dad will be traveling all over the place.  It will be a long time before we see them again.  That made us feel a little sad. Tony and Shane dropped by on Sunday to visit one more time before hitting the road.

This is the rig Tony and his Dad are traveling in.  Shane is in the recyclable business of tractor trailers, and tires among other things.  He spends most of his time in Indianapolis as that is where his biggest hub is for his business. They were headed to California to pick up some trailers and tires and then they were headed for Indianapolis.  This rig is a lot longer than the picture shows.   

Frank has a doctor appointment with a specialist this Friday, and we are hoping to get to the bottom of what is going on with his health.  His shoulders are still hurting him, especially at night.  The doctor does blood work at his office so we won't have to go to a lab. I am hoping things will go a little faster on the diagnosis and getting some kind of help with the pain.  The cortisone shots only lasted a week or so.

1 comment:

  1. I am keeping you both in our prayers...hope you get some answers QUICK! Tell Frank to hang in too sorry you guys are going through this... ((((hugs))))


Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.