Saturday, May 15, 2010

Frank's Follow up Doctor Visit

Yesterday we left at around 11:30 AM and our Chauffeur Bret drove us in to Henderson so Frank could see his doctor.  We went early so we could have a nice lunch at Cafe Rio a cool Mexican restaurant that makes every thing fresh right in front of you.  I had salmon tacos with black beans and rice.  It was yummy.  Then Frank decided we needed to have our dirty truck washed and we sat out on their patio and enjoyed the cool weather of yesterday.  We all commented we had better enjoy it as the hot weather is coming. 

I was a little worried about the timing as it was getting close to Frank's appointment time, but it all worked out perfect and we were at the doctor's office 15 minutes early, only to wait almost two hours before they called Frank back.  Dr. Dan the P.A. came in and went over the surgery with us and then he said they have decided that the screw that broke off in Frank's back must have been defective.  Wow! wouldn't you know Frank would be the lucky one to get a defective screw and have to go through surgery again.  Dr. Dan took out Frank's staples and was a little concerned about the redness left from the tape and also around the staples.  He wanted to put Frank on some kind of a steroid (I think) that would get rid of the redness.  Well, when I got home I discovered he hadn't given us the prescription for the medicine.  So now it will be Monday before we can get it and Frank was supposed to start it last night.  I am hoping that it will go away on it's own by Monday and if not we will call and have Dr. Dan call the prescription in.  If the redness doesn't go away, then Frank has to be seen again next Friday.  Just what we want to do is go in and wait another 2 or more hours to be seen. 

By the time we got out of the doctor office it was the beginning of rush hour so we went to Sherry's condo, got us a little chocolate treat, and rested watching the news and I played with Ozzie, Sherry's cat.  He was excited to have the company and was running all over the condo and all over us playing.  We left about six and headed for home stopping at Sam's Club for some cheap diesel fuel for our truck and then went to a Sonic close by as it was time to eat again.  It was almost 8 PM by the time we got home.  What a long day.  We appreciate Bret driving us in as I know it wasn't the top of his list of fun things to do.  Thanks Bret and Laura too for lending Bret to us on his day off.

I will have to say we are so grateful that Frank is doing so much better this time around.  It is like night and day for him, compared to last time.  We are thinking that maybe in a month or so, we could rent a condo in Park City or maybe a beach condo in San Diego. We do love the ocean.  We so want to get away for a little while during the hottest part of the summer.  The fifth wheel is out of the question.  We haven't been able to do much of anything for over a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.