Thursday, May 13, 2010

Frank Recovering from Surgery






















Frank had back surgery again on May 4th.  As you can see from the picture, he is doing so much better this time around.  The doctor replaced his hardware that had fallen apart and also put some kind of bone filler in where the cadaver bone had been absorbed by Frank's body.  The filler is supposed to help his spine to fuse together and hopefully this time things will heal and most of all the pain he was in will go away.






Last Monday Frank was going stir crazy and told me I was taking him to lunch.  So we headed to The Inside Scoop and who should show up, Sherry and Bret so we had an enjoyable lunch with them.



After we got home from lunch, Frank was tired and it was time to lay down and take it easy for the rest of the day.  I asked him this morning how he was doing and he said, "It is like night and day between the first surgery and this one."  The really bad pain that he was in with the broken hardware is gone, and now he is just having pain from the surgery.
We did have a scare a couple of days after Frank got home from the hospital as he got really sick to his stomach, and I thought to myself, "Here we go again."  I am thinking that when he got so sick the last surgery that it was going to happen all over again.  Bret and our home teacher just happened to come over to see us at the same time, so I asked them to give Frank a blessing.  By dinner time, Frank was ready to eat and his stomach had settled down.  I was so relieved as I am almost positive that when he go sick the last surgery and was heaving his guts out, that is when he broke the screw in his hardware.  I can't prove it, but I know he was in constant pain from then on.  We are looking forward to his healing and maybe being able to travel in our fifth wheel trailer next summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.