Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fun on Halloween

When we were shopping in Vegas a few days before Halloween, we saw a man put this mask on.  We liked it a lot so we decided to buy it for Frank to wear on Halloween night. Bret and Laura came over for dinner and just as I was going to take a picture of us eating dinner, the trick or treaters came and the sun hadn't even gone down.  So I didn't get a chance to take a picture.  I made sirloin vegetable soup and cornbread.  Something easy to have on a busy Halloween night.
Frank waiting for the kids

Frank had so much fun teasing the kids.  He would ask them what they had in their bags and then reach in and act like he was going to take a treat.  It was so funny watching the kids expressions.  We laughed our heads off. Merritt came later and had a bowl or two of soup and then helped hand out candy.  Bret helped with the handing out of candy too.
The kids came in bunches and it never stopped until 8:30 PM and we closed the house up and turned out the lights and still had a few knocks.  We were all so tired and so I just called out that we were out of candy.  I only had a few hand fulls left out of three huge bags.  The kids couldn't figure out if Frank had a mask on or not.
Some of my Halloween decorations

I had a scary bat hanging on the side wall of our house.  Last year I had it over the dining room window and it scared some of the little ones.  So I put it further away and the kids were too busy looking at Frank and didn't even notice the ugly bat.  Thanks Bret, Laura, and Merritt for all the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.