Sunday, August 5, 2012

Our Vacation - The Begining June 28, 20012

 We bought a new camera to take on our trip.  Frank took a test picture of me.  I was taking a little nap as I was exhausted from packing, and getting our home ready for our extended vacation.  Believe me when I say both Frank & I are missing this bed. 

We headed out the next morning for Fallon, NV as I wanted to visit with Lani and Terry.  We hadn't seen them in quite a while.  Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got to Fallon.  It is such a long boring trip and it seems a lot longer than it really is.  It was great to see Lani and Terry and get caught up on their lives.  Lani was going to leave the following Monday to go and stay with Jackie, her daughter who was going to have a baby girl soon.

Weed California
We left early the next morning and as we drove through Susanville, we enjoyed the scenery as the last time we were in this area, it was full of smoke and we couldn't see anything and wanted to get out of the area as fast as we could. I had made egg salad and had sandwich stuff so we stopped along the way to enjoy a picnic, and every time we stopped to eat I would say, " We just saved over $20.00."   It is so expensive to eat out.
Mt. Shasta
I had made reservations at a hotel in Weed California (what a name)  and I sure am glad I did as all hotels were full, and I heard the front desk clerk turning someone away because they were full.  Weed is just a short distance from Mt. Shasta.  In the picture above, Mt. Shasta is fogged in, but it was beautiful.


Mt. Shasta fogged in
We went for a walk up the street from our hotel and took some pictures.  It looked like someone had started to build a subdivision but went under as this street was a dead end to the beginnings of a subdivision.  It was so cool and nice to us, but the locals thought it was hot.  We headed out the next day for Lincoln City, Oregon our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.