Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting Away With Murder


Sierra with her Theatre teacher Kenna Dalley




I went to the Moapa Valley High School Theatre  play "Getting Away with Murder" last Thrusday.  I like to go on the last day of the play as that is when they give out all the awards, flowers, etc.  I had a wonderful surprise as my granddaughter Sierra won the Directors Choice Award.  Sierra did an outstanding job of playing her character.  She played the part of Nam-Jun Vuong who was a depressed cry baby, is the only way I can describe it.  Sierra had told me a while back that she didn't like her character.  She played someone entirely different than her bubbly personality.

Bret and I both had tears in our eyes.  I think it was being proud of Sierra, and also to know this is her last year of high school.  She graduates in June.  We won't be seeing her in any more of the high school plays.

I have to also mention my other granddaughter Anna, who also received an award for her role with the tech team. The play wouldn't be complete without the tech team.  Anna ran the lighting and did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.