Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yea!!! Dr. Bret is Home

Frank getting ready to go down on the table

Dr. Bret measuring his legs

Now for the treatment
Dr. Bret went on a vacation to Idaho for over a week.  The day after he left, my back was killing me. I have been having this strange thing happening with my back.  When I would go to get up from a chair, or step out of the car, I would have this searing pain hit me on the left side of my low back.  It would make me scream out in pain it was so bad. It was like a knife being twisted in my back, and it would ache after this happened. 

I finally found out what was causing it.  I wear a heal lift and when I had some special Diabetic shoes made, I asked if they could build the lift in my shoe. I knew something was wrong, and after talking to Dr. Bret about it, I decided  to to take out the insert of my shoe and discovered they had made the lift way to high.  So every day that I get on the "dreadmill" I was way out of alignment.  So any way, I made sure that I saw Dr. Bret on his last day before vacation, and sure enough the day he left I had the pain happen again getting up from my chair. So needless to say, I was a happy camper when he came home.  Both Frank and I had a treatment Monday.

On Sunday, I had a surprise visit from Bret and Sierra.  It was great seeing Sierra again as I haven't seen her since school let out.  She was so busy...........first girls camp, then she and her Mom went to California for a Shakespeare work class, and when she got home from that Bret and Laura took her to meet her grandparents in the Salt Lake area. Then she headed back to Idaho to spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa Allen.  We had a really nice visit catching up on all the happenings in our lives.

I was so excited the other day to see a friend who actually is related to my son Garen's wife.  She told me that my grandson Zachary had a mission call, and would be going to Washington DC.  I am so excited, and yet sad that I have to hear everything second hand, and then I won't be able to attend his farewell.  How did things get so bad????? I ask myself.  It is way to late now, the damage is done as my grand kids are all grown up, and at the ages that grand parents aren't on the top of their priority lists to keep in touch with. 

None of them want any thing to do with me, and must think that I am this horrible grandma.  If only they knew the truth.  Maybe some day they will.  I will take blame on my part for some of the things I have said, but there is a whole lot more to the story.  I love my grand kids and I hope someday they will know this, and will know how much I have suffered the loss of them not being a part of my life.   It has been heart breaking for me. I have great grand kids that I have never seen, and another one on the way. I know one thing for sure, I would never say anything bad about their parents to them.  I would never want to be that kind of a person.

I have to say here that I am so grateful for the grand kids that are in my life, and the two great grand babies that I get to see quite often.  I have step grand kids that love me and think of me as their blood grand mother  and I love them very much.  They have been really good to me keeping me in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Donna,
    We have never had the opportunity to meet. I came across your blog through a friend of a friend's and have been following your posts the past few weeks. I usually never leave comments on "stranger's" blogs, but feel so inclined this morning as I read your newest post. Personally, I have been through a similar experience with family. I had a relative not speak to me and it took years and tears to figure out why. When our paths crossed and we finally put our differences aside to talk it through, we realized that our perceptions of eachother were way off and we were ashamed that we wasted precious time not speaking before. Once you take something personal and dwell on that, the other person can never do anything right in your eyes and the negativity dwells.
    I do not know the details of what happened with you and your son (and frankly that is personal matter between you and his family) but I want you to know that I pray you all can find it your hearts to work it out. May i suggest some advice? Call your son's family daily. If you can't get ahold of them, drive to their house and show that you want your family to work. Make efforts to show that you want to make amends. In those efforts try and pray for strength to not get easily offended if it doesn't work the first time. Keep trying and never give up. Let by-gones be by-gones. Dont let time pass...its NEVER too late. The more time that will pass, the more time to dwell on the negativity and the more it will build up. The time will come when you can have the family you wrote about having and when it does, your efforts will be worth the world! Time is what's precious and "time fixing it diligently and respectfully" will be the BEST time ever spent!
    Keep your head up and never give up on your sons family. I am rooting for you!
    Kristie K.


Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.