Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Feeling Lousy

I have been sick for a week now.  I haven't felt like doing anything except laying around.  It started out with a sore throat that never ended, but did get a little better.  Then my sinuses plugged up and keep draining down my throat which is making me cough, and I am sure keeping my throat red and sore.

Frank has been a trouper taking care of me and the household chores.  I am so lucky to have a husband who is willing to help out especially when needed.  The only thing he doesn't do is cook, so it has been easy stuff like take out pizza, soup from the can, and dinner from Sugars.  Then the poor guy ended up with Bursitis in his shoulder and has been in pain, and on top of that he had a tooth starting to hurt him, and went to the dentist to find out he has a cracked tooth and will be going back today to get started on a crown.  I am afraid it will abscess before it is over.  When it rains it pours.  He made the statement "Isn't my back pain enough?" 


In the mean time I am running a fever off and on.  I am either hot or chilling.  So I decided I probably have a sinus infection as when I bend down my face hurts.  I called my local doctor yesterday only to get the answer machine stating their hours and they should have been in.  I left a message asking if I could get in to see the doctor thinking they would call me back.  They never did.  Today I called again and listened closely to the message, at least today they stated they would be out of the office on Thursday the 7th.  Frank drove to the office to find they were open and the receptionist was on the phone.  He tried to get me in and the first appointment they had was for tomorrow afternoon.  Frustration, Frustration!!!!! This doesn't sound very accommodating for a small town doctor.  So I am thinking that after Frank has his tooth fixed I may have him take me to the Mesquite clinic.  I just want to get an antibiotic before the infection gets any worse, and of course get to feeling better instead of feeling like a big truck ran over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.