Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Clark County Fair

Frank & I worked a shift at the Family History booth at the fair.  It was the first day and we worked the late shift.  The wind was blowing so hard that I thought the tent we were in was going to blow down.  There was dust on everything.  One of our screens blew over and Frank had to tape it back up. It got really cold and I was glad I had taken a winter coat.

We were impressed with the two young girls that were transcribing census.  Their work was showing on the big screens and people would stop to see what the girls were doing.  I didn't get the their names written down, but they are the granddaughters of Cindy Brown the head of our Family History Center.  Usually you don't see young people doing things like this. 

The only things we got to see at the fair was what was on the aisle of where our booth was located.  Frank and I thought we would go the next day, but it was really cold, and windy and I still wasn't feeling too well.  So this is the first year in years that we didn't get to the fair.  I missed the funnel cakes......darn!!!!

Saturday was even worse as far as the weather.  It actually rained, and it was trying to snow at the same time.  So cold and windy again.  Makes me wonder just how well the fair did.  Who wants to go to the fair in that kind of weather?  Sunday was a much better day as far as the weather so maybe it was a better turn out day for the fair.

Sherry brought Rozlynn out to spend the weekend as Renee had to work Saturday, and her day care is closed on the weekends.  I went to Sherry's to spend the afternoon with her and Rozlynn.  I had so much fun playing with Rozlynn.  I can't believe that I forgot to take my camera again.  I am going to have to put it in my purse and leave it there so it is always with me.  Sherry and Renee went to the fair Sunday, and I spent the day at home resting as I still was feeling lousy.  I think the antibiotic was making me feel bad as they state on the Z-pack that it stays in your system several days after you finish your last pill. I didn't go to church and Frank ended up coming home early as he scratched his arm and had blood all over his white shirt. So we spent a quiet Sunday afternoon snoozing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.