Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good News Update

I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for my follow up doctor's appointment after my CT-scan.  My appointment with Dr. Zinni was for 9 AM this morning in Mesquite so no sleeping in this morning.  I have been praying that I wouldn't have to have surgery so as I waited in the exam room for Dr. Zinni I prayed  again.  When doctor Zinni came in the first thing he said was that I didn't have a hernia much to his surprise and to mine as I had two doctors tell me I did have one.  He told me that it didn't show up on the scan, and that my pancreas, intestines, etc. looked good.  He told me he didn't know what the bulge was, and he would not do anything about it.  I was told to get back with him if it got bigger, or started to bother me.  I gave him a thumbs up and thanked him for the good news.  I got the results of my mammogram today in the mail and it was good too.  So I am a happy camper with all the good news, and now I think I am through with doctors until my next Diabetic check. All I can say is Yea!!!!!

I went to see Dr. Bret for a treatment this afternoon, as I have been hurting a lot the past two days.  I told him the results of the CT-scan, and he told me that maybe this all had something to do with my tummy tuck that I had several years ago and that maybe the muscle that was repaired had fallen apart with my weight gain.  So I am thinking that if I do have problems with it, I will go back to a plastic surgeon and get his opinion.  Also about six years ago I had a cyst on my stomach and the dermatologist I was going to removed it and some of the fluid blew out into the area of the cyst and Dr. Zinni has a theory that this infection caused a weakness in that area and helped cause the problem.  Oh well, I am just happy that I don't have to have surgery.

Tonight we took the missionaries out to dinner at the Scoop.  I told them that they could order anything they wanted and their faces lite up.  They ordered steak dinners. I had the grilled pork chop and it was really good.  It is so refreshing to visit with the missionaries as they have such a special spirit about them.  One of them quoted a scripture and now I wish I would have written it down as it really applied to what the world is going through now.  One missionary was from Chicago, and the other from Wisconsin.  We talked and ate dinner for over an hour and then they left to go visit a family.  All in all it was an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.