Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Frank Finally Home from the Hospital



It was a long trip home from Las Vegas and I was worried about Frank sitting that long in the car. He was exhausted by the time we got home, and he crawled into bed and slept for 5 hours. It was so good to be home after 9 days in Vegas.


We had to figure out a way for him to shower and was able to use a wooden stool that we had. We stuck it in the shower and Frank could sit on it. At first I had to help him shower, and now he can shower by himself and today was the first day he didn't use the stool in the shower. He uses it to sit at the sink to shave, brush his teeth, and I have to help him get his clothes on as he is not supposed to bend, lift, or twist. BLT is what the physical therapist call it.
Today he actually walked around the house a little without the use of his cane. He is supposed to walk and did this morning, but with the temperature at 115 it is way too hot for him to go outside. So he didn't get his afternoon walk. He is getting colour back in his face, and yesterday and today I can see a big improvement. It gets better every day.
I ran a few errands before lunch today and felt like I was roasting in an oven. I haven't been outside again. I was so exhausted that I finally gave in and laid down on our couch and Frank said I was blowing bubbles. I don't snore I just blow bubbles as he calls it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.