Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Christmas 2013

Sherry 
 Christmas Eve dinner and sing along carols.  We do this every year as long as I am able.
Jimmy, Renee, and Bret

Jimmy and Renee

Frank and me

Merritt, Laura, Rozlynn, and Sierra

Our outdoor decorations Frank went all out this year

Poor Merritt slept through the whole evening.  He had been out in the hills and got his car stuck and had to walk all the way back to the freeway.  A long distance.  Some people pulled over and saw that he wasn't doing so well.  Long story short Merritt ended up in the Mesquite Hospital and was given and IV as he was dehydrated.  He was able to get his car out of the mess a couple of days later with the help of a friend.

We had a fun time with our gift game.  Everyone kept their gifts.  We didn't sing the whole song book as usual.  Laura and Sierra were sick with the bug that was and is going around.  We all agreed that we missed our old songs, The Disney sing along carols that I had for years. It was on a tape that was so worn out, I finally retired it.  I will have to see if I can find another one on line. 

Christmas Day was low key as Sierra ended up getting really sick, and we didn't want to go over for Christmas dinner and catch the bug.  I wasn't feeling very good either.  So I cooked my share of the dinner, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  Bret came over with a portion of what they had cooked the main meal of turkey, gravy, etc.  So we ate at our own homes.  Christmas Eve was my celebration as it is every year, and it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.