Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Vacation Pictures

I have been a blog slacker ever since we got home from OR.  I have been feeling lousy and just haven't had the energy to sit down and blog.  Since it took so long to post photos on my blog from my lap top with a real slow Internet connection, I decided to wait until I got home.

We were going to go to the beach and have a marshmallows roast.  It was way too cold and windy  so we roasted  marshmallow's over the burner on the stove and had our Smores at home  Sherry and Lorri eating them

Sherry and I making Smores

We were fascinated with this tree and found out it is called a Monkey Puzzle Tree.  It has branches that  are very sharp and can cause body damage


Lorri, Sherry, & Me getting ready to head to Portland Airport

We passed this statue every day on our walk to the look out over the ocean and then headed out for our walk.  He points the way to a hotel.  



Winema Church Camp area
We decided to go to a local beach where you can find Sand Dollars.  It is located by a church camp called Camp Winema.  When we got there I had to pee so bad and we couldn't see any public restrooms.  I asked a lady if she knew if there were any in the area.  She invited me back to what they called their cabin, above picture.  She was so nice and friendly, and she and her husband gave us a tour of the home. The whole area is connected to a church that owns Camp Winema.  We hugged each other and I told her she had saved me and that I would do the same for someone in the same situation I was in.
This is a view from the house above, overlooking the camp area.  There is a fresh lake and then the ocean. It was a beautiful site.  We were able to walk the beach known to the locals as Sand Dollar Beach.  We found a few broken sand dollars, and was going to go back and hunt for some more, but we didn't get to return to this beautiful place.  This is a beach that is only known by the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a place for me to let my family and friends know what is happening in the daily lives of Frank and I. I appreciate your comments.